23 Apr 2019

Break

7Taken leave during the week following Easter. Thursday this week is ANZAC Day and I don't work Monday or Friday so as I had to bleed off some excess leave it seemed a good chance to have a bit of a break.
So far, apart from dinner with son, daughter-in_law and grand-daughter, the before last I've done nothing but read, rest, listen to audiobooks or podcasts. Quite pleasant really and probably good for me.
The weather has been unusual, Indian summer, except for yesterday afternoon when it chucked it down for about three hours.
My home town football team Newcastle finally confirmed their continued EPL existence with a combination of a good 3-1 home win over Southampton and Liverpool beating Cardiff. This result counts as a good season for the owner and the MD but not the fans, coach, coaching staff and hopefully the players. Nothing's changed in the close to 50 years I've been supporting them. Typical

No comments: