13 Mar 2016

Twelve month hiatus

I hadn't meant to have a break for a year but once Midge the dog had gone it just seemed that there had been too many deaths affecting me. I couldn't even make comment on here about the passing of my favourite writer, Terry Pratchett on12 March 2015 and how devastated I felt That death on top of my father-in-law and my dog and Leonard Nimoy prevented any creative muse although Facebook and Twitter filled in my need to pontificate. 
Twelve months later and first anniversaries are stirring emotions again.
Despite 2015 being sometimes a terrible year for us, there were obviously bright and joyous events that went a long way to clearing the dark clouds:
In September son Chris married the stunning, red-haired Kim on a lovely day in the Australian National Botanic Gardens;
niece Danielle married Darren in November (although I missed that event by being dehydrated and having to rest);
Christmas was good with daughter Holly and her sausage dog Bentley spending three weeks with us;
babysitting a friend's dog for a month while she was overseas on an eating holiday (that's what it looked like). Bentley and Brutus eventually worked out their respective places and they had a good time together. It was great having dogs in the house again.

Recently, on successive weekends, we had another wedding followed by the funeral of the father of one of my son's best mates. Another cancer-related illness and only 62. Very sad.

Every week, something different.

That's life I suppose

No comments: