19 May 2019

Post election blues

The 2019 election was held yesterday and yesterday morning I voted and was reasonably confident we would get a change, for the better.
I went to bed with a lump in the belly feeling like someone, a family member/pet or fried had carked.
There's deep anger currently being directed at the utter thoughtless ignorance and selfishness of some of the Aussie electorate.
They looked for themselves alone.
Not thinking of others; not thinking of the next generations who are going to have to cope with serious climate problems; likely huge cuts to essential services and a skeletal public service.
It makes me want to howl in rage and frustration.
While the Labor party isn't as green as I'd like by comparison to the LibNats they are tree-hugging hippies. And Labor did have some reasonable policies that would have been good. But those selfish voters believed the LibNats.
I loathe the LibNats and right-wing groups in general; their self-serving outlook; there "Devil take the hindmost" policies. Their total lack of ability to care for anyone or anything but themselves. Their lack of ability to build for the future - look what they did to the NBN.

We also need to be able to look beyond personality politics. But while Bill Shorten was not my preferred Labor leader I honestly thought he had grown over last couple of years and I thought he would have made a good prime minister but others did not agree and they've lumbered us with the insipid Morrison. I can't see him being there in three years.

What really concerns me is what state the country and the world is going to be like with this mob and others of their ilk in charge around the globe.
I'm not hopeful.

No comments: