22 Apr 2020

Rediscovering the right way to listen to nusic

Yesterday for the first time in years, possibly multiple decades I played a CD directly from the CD player through headphones while lying flat on the lounge
Before Australia, prior to marriage and children this was almost the only way I listened to my music.
Even allowing that the 40 year old Pioneer headphones were uncomfortable due to a lack of cushioning and the PVC fabric shed black flecks all over my head their audio abilities were still superb. Noise cancelling wasn't a term known back in 1980 but they did know how to isolate extraneous noise. These headphones are heavy, enclose the ears, blockout almost all noise so all you hear is from the CD player.
Lying there for 80 minutes was an amazing experience that I'd long forgotten

No comments: